Sunday, February 27, 2011

Random

This is a really random post... but has this ever happened to you? Last week I really wanted a biscuit on the way to school... I never do this... so I went a good bit out of the way to swing by this McDonald's (and obviously I haven't been this way in a while) because... I pull up and see this!! They have totally demolished the thing and are rebuilding... disappointed!!

But the hubs helped cheer me up the next day when he brought me breakfast in bed...homemade waffles with the new waffle maker I bought him for Valentine's Day... Romantic present.. I know! But it was his request. And we cannot eat the waffles fast enough, he is making them all the time. He loves the thing.

On to something else random... today after church me and 2 of my sweet friends coordinated a luncheon for some of the local missionaries that our church works with. Whitney found us these great aprons (with a few stains on them).


And we made the guys help too... and they actually enjoyed it, I think. They went to get the food and they so kindly told me that spaghetti sauce spilled "just a little" in my car. Take a deep breath... but they did great manning the dessert table. It was a good day serving others!



3 comments:

Keri said...

I drive by that McD's several times a day and I didn't even notice they were tearing it down! Steven mentioned something and I was like, what? It's gone? I guess I'm really in a zone to and from work. Oh and I seriously thought those waffles were from a restaurant! We'll be over for breakfast next Saturday morning :)

Our Little Flock: said...

Waffles!!!! Delish! You lucky girl you :-) Love to hear about these cravings. So funny! I had a major aversion to fast food in my 1st trimester. Could not pass a fast food restaurant without getting nauseous. I loved being pregnant though. Such a beautiful time! Can't wait to see the growing bump. Please promise to post the progression!

G K said...

Oh, my God, the waffle picture -- yum! I saw a Mickey Ds in our area that's being demolished and rebuilt -- I bet it's the same one (though I can't tell from your picture). Oh, there's this little condition that makes you drive out of the way for food called pregnancy cravings. You've arrived!