Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blessings

Blessings... this post is such a blessing for us to be able to say....... We are pregnant!!! We are so excited, it's hard to put into words. We were able to tell my fam with a save the date on the dessert after dinner. Of course my dad was reading it upside down and he thought it said "Save the ta-ta's." We had to explain it after Keri was screaming and jumping up and down.



Mom and Dad are thrilled... and dad said let the spoiling begin. If it's any indication on how much they spoil the Harley man, then this little peanut is in for a treat (not dog treats though).


Aunt Keri and Uncle Pete are pumped... Keri is so excited!!! When we were talking about how the fam would react and Matt said, Keri will be the most excited... and she didn't disappoint. I heard Uncle Pete is really good at telling bedtime stories.



And the Harley man... let's talk about his emotions for a minute.. he is in a bit of denial since the news broke. He is still a little confused and doesn't want to admit he may have to give up his spot on the couch. He will always be our number one pup (right there with Domino), so hopefully he can come out of this mourning state he is in right now.





Seriously, we are beyond blessed. After nearly 7 years of marriage, the Lord has blessed us with children... we don't deserve it. God's grace and mercy are overflowing and we know this child is His, not ours. We just pray we can purposefully rear this child to know and love the Lord beyond anything else. Thank you Father!! "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9




14 comments:

Keri said...

I am thrilled...to say the least!! I cannot wait to spoil this little one!!

Jen said...

SOOOOOOOOOO excited for you! Children are such blessings!!! Being a momma is the hardest thing I have ever done but definitely most rewarding! I can't believe you didn't get Keri on video! I would have payed to see it! Congratulations you two!!!! YAY!

The Ness Story said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy for yall!!! You two will be the best parents. You have SO much to look forward to and will not even believe how much you will love being parents and love that sweet little bundle of a baby!!!

G K said...

OMG, congrats!!! You guys are going to be such fun parents! I love your blog now, and I'm going to love it even more when it's filled with pictures of Baby Howard! :)

Christie said...

So very excited for y'all!!! Cannot wait to meet this new blessing!!!

Wendi said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and Matt!

Unknown said...

How awesome! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet him or her.

Paige said...

Yeah!!! So excited! What a fun ride it will be and of course yuo guys will be awesome parents. Start documenting now all the fun things that go on....

Our Little Flock: said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kristen & Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words CANNOT contain the excitement that we are feeling for you guys. My heart is seriously leaping for joy! You two are going to be absolutely AMAZING parents! I always knew you would. Big Hugs and Kisses from the Flummer fam!!! Love you guys so so so much!

Joy said...

Congratulations! It will be a beautiful baby.

Rebecca said...

So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I kid you not, I was just wondering aloud to Chad about when you guys were going announce a pregnancy right before I pulled up your blog. I am so so so excited for you guys! Get to posting some baby bump pictures so we can watch the little bean grow!!! Love you!

Hope's Sweet Cakes said...

I am so happy for you Kristen. The Lord is so amazing. His timing is perfect. I can not wait to hold that sweet little "peanut"!

The Rumage's said...

Shut up!!! That is so AWESOME! You two will be such wonderful parents!