Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ladies Retreat

Last weekend I enjoyed a fabulous get away, "Come Away With Me" as it was called, and gathered with about 80 ladies from my church to renew, refresh, and relax. We heard some incredible teaching about sacred echos and really learning to listen when God is speaking to you, something I am not very good at. It was such a blessing to be around some seasoned women from our church and have the chance to learn from them as well.

6 of us from our small group went together and we were a little packed. It would have been worse, but I made Whitney leave her bag of shoes at home. One bag limit.

We were all smiles and ready for the road trip... those in the very back may not have had smiles on, but they made the best of it.


Here we are before dinner that night... now these next few pictures are all the same, but I will post them anyways, because it's all I took.

This was Saturday before our last session. We were getting a little worn out at this point, so we decided to break out the ring pops.




And it's time to go home. It was a great time to get into the Word and listen to what God is teaching me in this time in my life. I just need to do more of the sitting still and listening part, rather than the always talking part that I normally do. I am blessed to have these friendships in my life! To add to that fun... we got out of school a few minutes early today because of icy roads... a few minutes is all it takes to make me smile!



2 comments:

Keri said...

Aww, aren't y'all cute? Love the monogrammed jewelry that Whitney and Hope are sporting! Did they get that at Christmas Village??
Poor Whit had to leave her bag o' shoes at home...she should have known you run a tight ship :)
Looks like a good weekend with your friends.

Joy said...

Hey Keri, where did you go for your retreat. The ladies at my church are in the process of trying to plan a retreat now.