Monday, July 12, 2010

Don't Have A Cow

If you are as big of a fan of Chick-Fil-A as we are, then I hope you took advantage this past Friday. What was Friday you might ask? Well, it was Cow Appreciation Day, meaning if you came into Chick-Fil-A dressed like a cow then you received a free combo meal. Hot Dog!! Did you think I would pass up this offer of free food? No Way! I worked hard on Thursday to get our outfits ready and here is the product of my hard work.... Try to imagine a "happy face" on Matt as we are driving to the Chick-Fil-A. When he came home from practice Thursday I was so excited to show him our outfits and well, we will just say his expression was a little less than I expected... but it didn't ruin the mood for me.

Mom was working from home Friday so she decided to meet us and get some free chicken too. She went all out with her singing cow and tail.


And here we are... the cow couple. I will admit that many people were staring at us on the interstate. Let me set the scene for you.... we pull up to Chick-Fil-A and we see NO ONE else dressed as a cow... then matt starts to doubt me and says maybe I got the date wrong. How bad would that be?? He tells me to go inside by myself and see... what?! Yeah like I am going in by myself to see if it's cow day.



We all 3 got the courage to go in and sure enough it was the day. And the employees were so excited to see us. They took our picture, applauded for us.. the whole works.. obviously we were the best they had seen that day. Makes me proud.




Here we are enjoying the fruits of our labor. Man that chicken was gooood too. The manager came out with the big Chick-Fil-A cow and asked to take our picture with him. I feel like a celebrity on a farm.





Isn't this a cute family photo?? If you need to borrow this outfit for Halloween one year, just let me know.






Harley even got to join in on the fun. Poor guy was a little freaked out with the cow nose I was wearing.



And here's Matt after the event was over... actually this was after the SECOND Chick-Fil-A that I made us stop at. I wanted to have Chick-Fil-A for dinner too. Why not?? It's free. He didn't waste any time ripping those cow spots off once we were back in the car. He was such a good sport!!

9 comments:

The Tucks said...

THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!! Love the bandana's with the cow ears!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Matt is a WAY better sport than Ryan would have been! Love it!

Melissa said...

I hit "enter" in the previous comment before I was able to leave my name--this is Melissa by the way! :)

Unknown said...

Girl, you are so crazy...cracking me up! Love your cow outfits!

Jen said...

LOL! ROFL! OMG! HAHAHA! Seriously, if I would have known it was cow appreciation day I totally would have dressed up like a cow too! I had no idea they did that! I love it!!!!!!! And your outfits were perfect!

Keri said...

You completely forgot to mention that your wonderful sister was the one that informed you of this great day! Just forgot about her didn't you?!? :)
Still cannot believe you made outfits for this...well on second thought, yes I can believe you did it!!

Christie said...

I am laughing out loud! This is hilarious!!! Matt is such a good sport!

G K said...

Oh, you guys are SO fun! You did a great job with the costumes! I wouldn't be surprised if y'alls pic showed up on the Chick-fil-A Web site or something! :)

The Rumage's said...

You crack me up...and yes, Matt is a good sport with your shenanigans!

I literally am at work laughing out loud...It's okay though, everyone already thinks I'm crazy! :0)