Saturday, July 10, 2010

6 Years!

Today is our anniversary.. 6 years ago we tied the knot! Fun times!! Here are a few flashbacks for you--even though it isn't Friday. Here we are on our wedding day leaving the church. It was a hot and steamy day in July but we propped ourselves up on this convertible regardless. I said--Matt hold on to your toupee or it will fly off-just kidding!
This was when we first met. Matt was on beach project with Campus Outreach and my family went down to Panama City Beach to see him. Isn't that sweet? Here we are several several pounds lighter and much younger.

Remember how I once told you that Matt had A LOT of hair when we first met... well, here you go. I dug up this old picture from the can buried out back and this was a few days after we started hanging out. Look at that hair?! Isn't it something? We actually had some fun times with that hair before he cut it. We (me, matt, sister) would gel it up, pull it back, all kinds of fun.
But in all seriousness, the best part about being married to Matt is that it gets more and more fun every day. We have an absolute blast together!! He is my best friend and I cannot imagine spending every day with anyone else. He is truly a man of God that treats me far better than I could ever imagine being treated. I am blessed! I mean this guy puts the toothpaste on my toothbrush every single morning, fixes my lunch, my breakfast, and does more chores around the house than a live in maid would. God has blessed us far more than we could ever have imagine. 6 years has held some good, bad, sad, and happy times, but we would never be here today without the Lord the center of our marriage. Happy 6th Anniversary Matt-I love you to the moon and back!


6 comments:

Lauren Watson said...

Happy Anniversary Matt and Kristen! Time sure does fly! I hope your day was as simply amazing as you two are!

Keri said...

Matt's long and curly hair will always make me smile...and laugh!
Hope you've had a great anniversary tonight! Enjoy your dinner!

The Tucks said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! I loved the flashback pictures! I may have to have a flashback friday on my blog sometime.

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!

And wow! That's really all I have to say about Matt's hair. I'm just impressed. That is A LOT of hair!

The Rumage's said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the post and the pics - Matt's hair was awesome!

And, I love the fact that he "puts toothpaste on your toothbrush every morning and makes your lunch and breakfast" - what?! Seriously Kristen, Matt should teach a husband bootcamp and whip all these guys into shape! hehe

G K said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!