Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Little Bit Of Random

Here are a few random things we have been up to lately... A few weekends ago we got back in town from the beach just in time to see our sweet friends Jerry and Wanda. They moved to Texas back in Dec, but recently sold their house here and we were able to help them pack up the UHaul for the last time. I can't say I helped too much, but I did sit on the steps and tell them which way to go with the stuff.
And last week we were able to have lunch with our best buds the Flummers. We get to see them a few times a year and we jumped on it this time because they had the new baby in tow and he had to meet Aunt Kristen and Uncle Matt. Here I am with Cannan and Celeste--complete with spit up on her shoulder and everything. I kept saying--Celeste doesn't that bother you?! She is so laid back.. she wasn't worried one bit.

Here were are with Matt and Celeste. We ate at this fun place on Highland Ave called Rojo (that means Red in Spanish...that's your cultural lesson for the day) and it was delish. From there we proceeded to get yogurt at Yogurt Mountain.. have you been there?? Oh it's good. You can get as many different flavors of ice cream and toppings that you want. Mine all started to run together and I forgot what I had even gotten after a while.


And last but not least.. I got a new quilt. Don't be thinking I will cuddle up with this puppy anytime soon since it's a good ole 98 degrees today... but I love it. I got all my old sorority t-shirts made into a quilt. A friend from high school just started her own T-Shirt Quilt Co and did a great job. I had all these shirts in a box at my parents and I started going through them deciding which to use and my mom says--so this is where all our money went when you were in college. I can't help myself, I had to buy a t-shirt for every event we had.
PS--see my green intramural jersey with 23 on the back... that was my name in college--Raw Dawg, isn't that pretty. Matt thinks it's real funny to still call me that.



5 comments:

Christie said...

Love the quilt! My grandmother made me one with my sorority shirts and I am so glad I have it.

Rachel Mooney said...

Raw Dawg...that's awesome.

Keri said...

I didn't realize you had gotten your quilt back...I want to see it! I should really do this for Steven with the thousands of shirts he owns.

G K said...

Love the quilt!

The Rumage's said...

Wow, Raw Dawg! Fun weekend! I LOVE the quilt, it turned out great. I still have my sorority shirts and Chip's frat shirts and want to have a quilt made. Send me your friend's company info!!

Oh...and about the spit up on the shoulder - after about a week of that happening, you realize it's a losing battle and that it's going to be a permanent part of your outfit for a while when you have a little one!