Monday, June 28, 2010

Here We Go A Cruising Day 3

Our stop today landed us in Cozumel, Mexico. We stepped off the boat to a very drizzly, foggy morning.
Our first souvenir... a lovely poncho. These babies are so attractive and they do so much for your figure.. but hey they kept us a little drier. A major downpour came just as we were buying these.

Matt is all suited up --helmet and goggles, ready for the ride.



Matt was so stinkin excited, I thought he was going to bust.


And look at me.. I look like Ameila Earhart with these goggles and helmet.




We stopped for a quick break to look at some Mayian Ruins. I personally thought they just looked like rocks, but Matt said I wasn't appreciating the history.

They made us wear these bandannas on our heads.. Don't we look fierce? I will admit I had a little trouble getting mine on correctly.

This was after our ride.. please notice the mud on my face... it was ten times worse on my legs and shoes, but it was so much fun.


After our four-wheeling we went into the town of Cozumel and did a little browsing around. I would have bought this puppy, but it wouldn't fit in my suitcase.


And we ended our wet, soggy, but fun day at a nice dinner. This was a rough rough night at sea.. we practically drove through a tropical storm after we left Cozumel. I almost fell out of the booth at dinner because the boat was swaying so much. The crew placed barf bags all around the ship just in case.


We were once again greeted in back in our room with a towel animal. These guys that make these do such a great job. We were always excited to see what animal we would get tonight.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Did you bring any of the barf bags home (empty ones of course) as souvenier? 4 wheeler ride looks like a blast...we'll have to do that next time...if we ever go back to Cozumel again.

G K said...

Love your four-wheeler pic!

Lacey said...

jason and i rode atv's in the desert on our honeymoon and had a blast. we weren't covered in mud though...we dealt with dust...we had dust EVERYWHERE! it looks like ya'll had a blast...i'm so glad!!! glad you're back!