Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything This Weekend

And that's exactly what this weekend was.. a little bit of everything. Friday night Hoover played Homewood and came out with a win. Saturday morning we had to do the adult thing and skip out on going to the Alabama game so we could pack some things in our house. It was fast trip of packing, but we even managed to have a little visit with Matt's parents while we were there. I worked so hard Matt even got me a slushi on the way home! We then headed back into town in time to head to eat and watch the AL game. This morning we visited another church and small group and then off to practice for Matt and I started my Sunday afternoon sewing classes. My good buddy Doretta (who refused to be in the picture) is teaching me to sew. A few of the coaches wives are pregnant, so today I started with a burp cloth that she is going to monogram for each of them. Now I can start making Matt's clothes! Coach Jordan's girlfriend (Casey), me, Coach Kurvin's wife (Kristin)
I know Matt gets sick of taking these "after game photos" --but I just love it!
Watching the AL game at Full Moon BBQ
A little Harley man shot. We found this cowboy hat on a doll and it was the perfect size for the buddy.
The burp cloth I made, minus the monogram. I knew I should have taken Home Ec in high school.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Great job on the burp cloth...I am so impressed! You'll be a pro at these when you and Matt have me some neices and nephews :)

Christie said...

Look at you! Mrs. Betty Homemaker!!! I am still cracking up about Matt being scared of clowns! That made me laugh out loud.

The Rumage's said...

Well you are so much braver than I am to even attempt sewing...I would sew my fingers together!

Looks like being a coaches wife keeps you busy (as if you didn't have enough to keep you busy already).

The thing about Matt being scared of clowns is too funny...hope his players don't get a hold of that little piece of info!!