Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Going Away Party

Sunday was our last day at Grace. We thought it would be a low key day, just trying not to get sad about leaving. It all started with the pastor saying something about us in front of the congregation and then I come around the corner to Sunday School and our wonderful class has thrown us a surprise going away party. To say we were overwhelmed is the least. Of course I just boohooed. A few people got up to do a little roasting on us and one went over the top with his time. Daniel wrote a poem and even memorized it. It was too funny!! It was a special time with all our dear friends there. They fixed some delicious food and made a very special scrapbook for us to take with us. These are random pictures, but my good buddy and photographer, Ashley, took a bunch of pictures so I will post them when I see them. This is our class. Johnny didn't get to teach much because of the party, sorry Johnny.
Ashley, me, and Kristy Hunt. Kristy really wants my KHBAMA tag because we have the same initials.. but I am not ready to give it up yet.
Matt saying some goodbyes to our friends Jonathan and Mandy Edwards.
Me with my precious friends and mentors, Kent and Debra. We love us some Kent and Debra and hope they will come visit us in Bham.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Such great friends you and Matt have in Oxford! I know you will meet some great people in B'ham too...I think you already know a few :)

Christie said...

That is so sweet of your friends. I'm really glad ya'll are moving to BHam though because maybe we will get to see you a little bit more often. Like when we come to see Keri at least once a year :)