Saturday, July 12, 2008

Trip to Sedona, Arizona

This past week Matt and I went to Sedona, Arizona for our 4th anniversary. It was Matt's year to pick where we went for our anniversary and he wanted to go on a cruise. Well, I kind of wigged out about the boat and so he decided on Sedona. Matt is all into the history stuff, so I thought well, just show me where the gift shop is... but it was a really great trip. Arizona is a beautiful state with lots of fun things to do. I will spare you the 150 pictures I took and just hit the highlights!


This was our first day on the way to Sedona from the airport. This is Montezuma's Castle. People lived in this long long time ago. It's carved in the side of a mountain. Interesting!
Day two took us to the Grand Canyon. We took a 2 hour train ride to the Grand Canyon and that was a lot of fun. I really didn't know what to expect with what it would look like.. but it was amazing. This is an incredible piece of God's work. Matt made me a little nervous with how close he got to the edge.
More of the Grand Canyon. We had about 3 hours before our train left to head back, so we were trying to cram it all in.
The next day we took a Jeep tour through the Red Rock area. Our driver decided to get a little adventurous and I was bouncing off the seats.. out of control!! We were able to see an area we probably wouldn't have been able to see in the ole Advenger rental car.
This was the sunset from the Sedona Airport. We just happened upon this when we were driving around one night.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Such great pics! Looks like y'all had so much fun! Thanks for the prizes you brought me and Steven.