Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Diaper Days

Our days have been filled with trips to the pool, seeing the animals at the zoo, and several playdates with friends. But there is one major milestone I failed to document. Drumroll please... we are fully potty trained. Hallelujah, sound the trumpets!!


This actually happened around the middle of June, but I realized I never documented it. Fulton had a long road of potty training. We started this process last November (a few months after he turned two.) We never did pull-ups and went straight to big boy undies with some training pants over them. He quickly got a hold of #1, but #2 took a little longer.. but we finally got that sometime in the spring. He didn't have accidents in his underwear, he would just wait and take 
care of business when the diaper was on for the night. 

Nightime training was a different story. He would wake up with a sopping wet diaper and I thought to myself... he will go to college still wearing these. However, I ate my words. The first week of June he woke up dry for several nights in a row. He asked to wear underwear at night and I thought sure, why not!? He hasn't looked back since. We had one wet accident at night this summer and it was a night that he slept way longer than he ever has. We are so so proud of him and how good he has done with the potty. He is a champ. And even though there were some days I thought we may never get it, I look at him now and still want to high five him after he gets off the potty. That's kind of weird isn't it?!

1 comment:

Keri said...

He was such a little rockstar at potty training! Can't believe how easily he took to it. And seeing him in those little undies, is one of the cutest things ever!