Saturday, June 28, 2014

Birthday at the Beach

So while we were at the beach I celebrated a little birthday. Number 32 to be exact. The day before I thought I was turning 31, but Matt reminded me I was a year off. 


So this picture is blurry. I went half the day before I realized my focus was off on my camera. Disregard that and let's talk about these awesome decorations I woke up to on Monday morning. 


We were all up early because dad had rented a pontoon for half the day. We were getting to ride through the bay and canal areas. I have never been on a boat in this area before so it was really cool to see things from this side. 


We even stopped at a little Pirate's Cove place and played around for a minute. Unfortunately the weather was starting to look ugly and we decided to head back to the marina. This was the only day it rained, but thankfully it cleared up after lunch. Once back at the marina we walked to Tacky Jacks in our swimsuits and had lunch. 


Matt and I had a little birthday dinner date, just the two of us. We went to a new place called Acme Oyster House. I had the smoked sausage of all things and it was fabulous. 


I came into a little surprise red velvet cheesecake from Hope's Cheesecakes. Oh my stars this thing was scrumptious. I may have finished off the last few pieces by myself... just a little each day and before I knew it, it was gone. 


I had some helpers for blowing out the candles. 


My sweet boy was excited to help open some presents. 


My family and Matt did a great job of making my birthday special. As always. 


This guy was starting to wear down but we had one more stop. A quick change out of our PJ's and it was off to the snow cone shop. 


The guy made me a special birthday milkshake and the others enjoyed a snow cone. It was a great birthday!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Hope you enjoyed your beach birthday...stormy boat ride and all! Glad I finally got to try the coveted Hope's Cheesecake too :)