Friday, November 22, 2013

The Friday Five

the Sowell life


Today I am linking up with The Sowell Life for the Friday 5. Here are a couple of 
random things from this week. 


1. We are focusing on Thanksgiving, pulling our thankful slips out of the jar, thanking the Lord for how He has blessed us, and even gave ourselves Indian names. Fulton's was Skipping Bull. He loves to skip. It is very entertaining for others. The best is when he does it with no shirt on and a football in his hand. 


2. We did put up our Christmas decorations this week. Don't judge. Remember number #1 above.. we still love Thanksgiving, just getting in the spirit of Christmas too. Last year Aunt Keri gave Fulton his very own Nativity Scene. It wasn't less than 24 hours later and we had already lost a wiseman. Poor guys, they were down a man. No worries, the police man is still watching over the 
manger with the other two. 


3. All three of us got haircuts this week. They were all three much needed, but no one as bad as me. It was starting to get Rapunzel like. This guy got himself a pretty good trim too. 


4. I am doing a new Bible study with some of my friends at work. It's called Stuck by Jennie Allen. It is amazing! I highly recommend it. We are discussing one chapter a week and we started about three weeks ago. I have almost finished the book, because I literally cannot wait to get up in the mornings to dig in the Word and into this study. It's all about the places in life that we feel stuck and the feelings that come with them-mad, sad, overwhelmed, broken, scared. It's a must do. 


5. And last but not least, you may remember me talking about the ole potty training. Well, still going strong, trying not to give up, and persevering. Most of our afternoons and nights look like this once we get home from school. We are making progress, but I sure am doing a lot of laundry in the meantime. 

3 comments:

Keri said...

I keep thinking the other wiseman would turn up, but since it's been a year, I guess he's still in hiding. Love to see Fulton skip...it is so cute!!!

Joy said...

I love that the policeman is involved with the manager scene. And I need to look into that book... I still have one that I'm doing, but I'm always excited about the next bible study! Happy Friday, and thanks so much for linking up! Hope you and the family have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Thanksgiving!

G K said...

Cracking up at the public safety wise man! Hilarious!

And I hope the Howards are okay after today's game. I'm still in shock! :(