Monday, November 11, 2013

Loving a Long Weekend

We had today off from work which gave us a long weekend and we have loved it. My heart goes pitter patter on a Sunday night when I know I don't have school the next day. 


Saturday we attempted to try to get some Christmas shopping done, but it was a fail. Nothing... nada... except a sweater for Fulton and that's not what we were going for. Oh well, I guess we will try again. We had some friends over for dinner and got comfy to watch the AL game. 


Sunday night we got together with our care group to pack our shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. I don't think we did a shoebox last year, so we had fun shopping for a girl this year. Fulton inspected everything to make sure it was safe for her. He even gnawed on the toothbrush a little--no worries, it was in plastic and we just left a little love mark on it. 


Happy Veteran's Day. And thank you to those that have and are serving our country. I cannot imagine the sacrifices they are giving for us. We had a few errands to run and stopped by a place our friends had told us about. It's a random place with random things, but Fulton enjoyed 
this throne of a camping chair. 


We were right near Aldridge Gardens and decided to stop by for a minute and soak it in. We didn't want to go for a swim, so we stayed close by this little explorer. 


Does this not just drop your jaw? Look at God's creation. This is so beautiful. Matt tells me a lot (and so does my family) that I don't appreciate nature like I should... but they would be proud. I actually stopped and just stared at this tree and the beauties the Lord allows us to enjoy. 


We headed to lunch at this new little hotdog place, because you know I love a good hotdog. They had ESPN on and were doing a special on soldiers coming home and surprising their families...I just sat there and cried while I ate my dog. What a great day. 

2 comments:

Keri said...

I am very guilty of not enjoying nature. I rarely take a picture of a tree, sunset, skyline, etc. Unlike Steven :(
Maybe I can get better at that.
What a fun day! Glad you guys enjoyed your day off. Love the over sized tailgating chair. Need to bring that to our next tailgate :)

Unknown said...

It's so nice to have a long weekend isn't it?! I loved Aldridge Gardens, it was so beautiful! I tend to not really care about nature, but I think I'm getting better as I get older.