Wednesday, July 25, 2012

First Of Many

Before we talk about our new first, this little guy turned 10 months old while we were at the beach. So we did a late picture when we got back to document the milestone. 

Hopefully we can make it through 2 more months with the trusty old chalkboard. It's quite the adventure to get him to sit still long enough and not lick the chalk off.

He is on the go, everywhere. Chases Harley and poor guy hasn't come out from under the bed for several days now, Harley not Fulton. But I think our little Harley man is sick... he is going to visit his doctor today and hopefully we can figure out what's going on. I mean I know he is getting old, but let's just not go there.

And eating is a favorite pastime hobby of ours too. He gets that from his momma. I am not looking forward to those days of self feeding with real food, crackers are enough of a mess. I am such a mess-a-phobe. I know, I must get over this.

So, here's our latest fun. Well, you know how I said he is on the go. Well, he got into the closet where I had that finger nail polish accident many months ago and he found the tiniest piece of glass that was buried in the carpet and cut his little finger. He didn't even make a sound and I was sitting right there and didn't realize what he had done until I saw blood dripping on the carpet... ahhh our beloved carpets that we just got cleaned 2 weeks ago. Just kidding.. I was really worried about the little guy and our new injury.
So, why is he wearing a glove you may ask. We could not get it to stop bleeding.. it was on the fatty part of his finger and if we could have just hooked it up to the donor center he could have definitely donated some blood and he kept eating the band aids and then that resulted in more blood on the floor. Anyways, I did what all good moms would do, ok maybe not good moms, but I am trying to make myself feel better. I just put a mitten on and taped it up. He tried unsuccessfully to get it off. No luck.

But his new wound and bandage didn't stop him. He went on just as usual with his Michael Jackson glove.

I think he actually started to like it. But we didn't want to leave it on too long for fear that he may never want to take it off and he would want to go to kindergarten like that and then he would wonder why the others didn't have one glove on.

We finally pried it off of him in time for bath. He was still a good helper, one arm and all. So, that was our first official injury (with blood) of many to come, I am sure.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Having a glove taped to his arm was just his latest challenge!
Less than two months until the big birthday bash!

Mandie Tuck said...

What a great idea to put a glove on his hand! Kids will find EVERYTHING on the floor and will either hurt themselves or eat it!

Jessica said...

The glove was a great idea!!! I may have to use it in the future if Jack gets a cut.