Monday, June 25, 2012

Another Birthday

This weekend included another birthday.... which was mine. I have officially caught up with Matt now, first year of the 30's for me. It's still hard to believe since sometimes I still get asked what grade I am in.
Of course we celebrated at the lake and I woke up to some beautiful festive (black) decorations. Thanks fam.
Our sweet small group leaders came up to help celebrate. We went for a long boat ride and came up on this diving board on the end of someones property. Matt and Vance were all over wanting to get out and jump off this thing. We pulled up and the sign you can see right behind Matt clearly says "No Trespassing." Nothing like breaking the rules with your Sunday School teacher.
 And if once wasn't enough, they did it again. They decided to hurry and get back in the boat when we said we saw someone coming out with their shot gun.
 Me and my daddy on my bday.
 They had a cake and it was yummy. Fulton was a little confused at the fire coming off this big white thing. Just a couple of months for you buddy.
 Time for more fun in the water.
 Someone woke up from the boat ride with a rough hairdo.

 
 No birthday is complete without a homemade card from Matt. It's his trademark.

 And sister is known for her funny cards. She can spend hours browsing the cards to find the funniest cards. This one was a classic sister card, perfectly describing us as children....Keri feeding me a bottle and then telling me to go eat some dirt.
And remember how mom and sister finally talked me into getting new china at Christmas. Well, you know I caved in and decided to get some. Who would have ever guessed the one color I pick out of all the shades of the rainbow they would decide to discontinue?!? Arrggh... really?! But mom searched high and low and found a few more pieces. I am now on a hunt for chocolate Fiestaware. If you see some, holla at me.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Hope you had a fabulous 30th birthday!

Jessica said...

I think the blue (think it is called peacock maybe) would look great with the chocolate fiestaware. They will eventually have the chocolate back in 10 years.

G K said...

That's so sweet that they found those hard-to-find pieces for you! Happy Belated Birthday!