Monday, June 4, 2012

More Water Fun

We had a good first week of summer last week... and enjoyed the water some more and tried to keep ourselves entertained.
We got this same pool for the pier at the lake and it was so cheap I just got us one for the backyard too. We pulled that puppy out last Tuesday and dove in.

He loved it and we were soaked too. See that nice spread of shade we are sitting in. My precious husband wants to cut this tree down in our backyard... absolutely not. I am rallying against him. He says it's for the better of the grass, I say just put some astroturf down and be done with it.

Wednesday I went to the pool with my sweet friend Emily and her cute little boy Andrew. They had fun playing together. There were a million kids there and lots of little campers, which probably meant lots of tinkling in the pool... we stayed in the baby pool-not sure it was much better there.

Thursday we changed the sheets on our bed and who knew this could provide such entertainment for Fulton. We enjoyed it as long as it would last. So here's a random side note on sheets. How many pair do you have for your bed? We moved to a king's size bed about a year ago so we only had 2 pair for this new bed. I really didn't like the spare pair I had bought and we needed to double line Fulton's curtains for his room.. so my crafty and handy mom cut them up and lined his curtains. Now we have one pair, hope no one wets the bed in the middle of the night. Maybe I will ask for some for my birthday.

 Thursday night we made it to dinner with some friends that we hadn't been able to see lately. We love some Paige and Tad! I forgot my camera so nothing to document this exciting event.

 But this little ham enjoyed it. I feel like we can only go to lively places to eat these days because this little booger is so loud. He loves to "talk" and bang his hands on the table. Our dinner plans will probably start to include Chuck E Cheese now.

Friday we loaded up and headed back to the lake. We put this jumper up because he loves the one we have at home (it's on the ground instead of hanging) and he is a sneaky little one. This bag was not really that close to him but he rared back and gave himself a running start so he could grab it. He's a mess.

Saturday was really a chilly day for the beginning of June, but we braved the wind and went for a boat ride anyways.

 After lunch Matt and I did what all responsible parents do, we went for a 4 wheeler ride.

Sunday we had a good day at church, and then a quick run to Old Navy where Fulton has figured out if he sticks his arm out of the cart he can touch everything we go by. This is ok until I stop the cart and he gets a handful and won't let go. They may not let us come back. We had dinner with dear friends and Fulton got to see another of his girlfriends, Laylee. We were running close to bedtime when we got home and our sweet neighbors called and asked us to come in the backyard for watermelon...decisions decisions.. push bedtime or eat watermelon.. we went for the watermelon and Fulton loved it. He was dripping with juice and had a blast.

3 comments:

Keri said...

I have four sets of sheets for our bed, but only because the comforter set we bought came with two...and honestly, I really don't like them. I keep them in the rotation, but the other two are my favorite.
Love the seer sucker outfit on him! No pictures of watermelon eating??

G K said...

Fun, fun!

Jessica said...

We have 3 or 4 sets of sheets. You really should get some more. In Jan. (when Jackson was 9 months old) he got an ear ache. We had to change the sheets in our bed 2 times that night. So be careful you don't want to be sheetless.