Monday, February 20, 2012

My Obsession

I have a confession... I have a slight obsession with tupperware. I really love it. I like all shapes, colors, and sizes too. It drives Matt crazy. He says we have too much. But guess what, I actually did clean out some not too long ago.... and as much as it hurt me, I threw it away. What really burns his chaps is when I keep the plastic tupperware from places like Jim N Nicks when they put the to-go food in it. And.....if you ever bring something to me in your own tupperware, I promise I will give it back. Sister always brings food prizes to us and she always says... throw this away, do not give it back. I just can't bring myself to throw them away.

Little 5 month old charmer wore shoes for the first time this week. What a milestone. And guess how long they stayed on... 10 minutes. He seemed to enjoy them.

He also sat in the high chair for the first time this weekend. His loser parents finally put it together. And he loves it. Why didn't we do this weeks ago.

Aunt Keri came over last night to play with little man and let us go on a date. A real live adult date at a restaurant. Oh how nice it was. Thanks sister!

We had to get that high chair together for his new cuisine. Baby food! It's time already. This morning I gathered all my supplies, put my apron on, and said a prayer before plunging in to this task. I decided to make my own babyfood, which is totally against my personality. This is so not like me, but I actually enjoyed it. And I am hoping to save a few pennies in the process. 2 sweet potatoes made all this food.

Fulton was so excited and just stuck his sniffer right in to smell the deliciousness that his momma had created. Tonight's the night.... so stay tuned for photos of the big food eating event.

5 comments:

G K said...

Awww, he's so cute, Kristen. I made M's food, too (which was SO not like me, either), and I loved it (and she did, too). If I could give you one word of advice, it would be to know that it's OKAY for him to eat jarred food. I made her food and for some weird reason never wanted to give her jarred food. So everywhere we traveled, I needed ice, and a fridge, and all this stuff just to keep her food safe. It would have been easier if I'd just brought along jarred food - duh! Anyway, enjoy! I miss those days. :)

Keri said...

Solid foods, tonight? What? I missed it?!?
Cannot wait to see how it went! So fun hanging out with him last night!

Keri said...

Oh and yes you do have an obsession with plastic containers! I knew there was something else I wanted to comment on!
We probably need to weed a few more containers out of your collection and replace them with new ones :)

The Tucks said...

Fulton is such a cutie in his shoes!!! I made sweet potatoes and apples last night. Clara gagged at both. I am crushed :(

Rebecca said...

I made Miller mans baby food and he loved all of it except for peas and green beans. I did jars though when we went out. It was just easier.