Saturday, February 4, 2012

Making Friends

This little guy has been trying to make some new friends lately.
Fulton really wants Harley to be his friend... Harley, not as much. See when Harley gets close, Fulton "tries" to pet him, but ends up grabbing a chunk of his hair. Harley is not a fan of this.

Harley man finally decided to show some love. I know you germ a phobes are freaking out right now. Don't worry, I thoroughly sanitized his face afterwards. Maybe they will be better friends one day.

In other news in the Howard homefront we have been dealing with major sleep issues. Naptime is out of control. A friend (thanks Amanda) recommended we read this book.... we didn't have to go far to get it because it has been sitting in the stack of books under the coffee table for a few months. I bought it when I was on maternity leave, but the words were too small and there weren't many pictures, so I put it down.

Little buddy struggles when it comes to taking a nap in his bed... actually I should re-phrase that.... not a struggle, he just won't do it. Guess where he likes to nap--in your arms. It's crazy because the lady he stays with gets him to nap in the crib 2 times a day, what is the deal when ma and pa try to get you to do it?! So, here we sit looking at the monitor watching the little red bar go up, trying to let him cry it out. Each weekend we think, this will be the day... unfortunately no gold star for us today.

Aunt Keri did come have lunch with us today. We had a long walk on the trail in the back of our neighborhood and grilled some burgers afterwards. Sister couldn't take any more of the crying and headed home to her nice quiet house. We enjoyed her visit though.

This is much much needed. Some of these were Christmas presents and today I finally unpacked some new everyday china that we got. Let me just tell you about our everyday stuff we use now. We didn't register for any when we got married, just the fancy stuff, and I thought what I was contributing to the marriage was nice enough, we didn't need anything new. Whatever. I bought that "china" when I was in college at Big Lots. I use the word china lightly, because I think I paid $1 per plate. Anyways, after much encouragement from the fam they just decided to start giving us pieces and I had no choice but to discard the old chipped plates and bowls and bring out the new stuff.
I really do like it. It's Fiestaware and it's chocolate... yum! I still want to get a few more place settings, but sister kept prodding me to just wash it and start using what I had. So I bit the bullet and the dishwasher is going as we speak. Matt is still at it trying to get monster to take a nap. We have dinner plans with friends and it is not going to be pretty if someone hasn't slept all day. Here's to happy napping!!

2 comments:

The Tucks said...

Naptime is SO TOUGH!!!! I am totally feeling your pain! I will be praying for you guys and sweet little Fulton! My parents have Fiestaware and they love it! The chocoalte color is beautiful!

Keri said...

SO glad that you broke out the dishes! I am looking forward to my next meal over there when I can eat off a new plate.
I did not leave b/c of the crying! I did need to get home :)
Also, I did not realize Harley had been that close to Fulton...they will be good friends soon!