Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Fourth!

We spent a long weekend at the lake for the Fourth of July and it was fabulous! We had great weather, good company, and lots of delicious food! Saturday we stayed in the water literally almost all day because it was so hot. We got out late in the day to relax on the pier for a bit since we were all shriveled up.


Sister and me after a nice day in the sun.




Dad took us on a little sunset cruise and the weather was great. I am not supposed to ride in the fast boat because of the roughness, so we had to wait until late in the day when the waters were calm.




How pretty is this?!


Sunday and Monday we played again and Matt even entertained us with some jumps. This is his newest jump, his toe touch.



A little mini storm came up later that night and we were forced to get off the water, or dodge the lightning. I chose to go on up for the day. But the after storm sunset made for some good pics!


Our papa even came to see us... what a treat! And he was in a good mood... even better!


Since it was the fourth of July and all, I felt it was necessary for everyone to sing some patriotic songs and fly the flag for a bit. We had such a great weekend with family and friends!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Love my facial expression in the last picture where you're holding the flag! I'm sure I'm wondering what the heck you were doing. So glad Matt snapped those while I was sitting at the table by myself stuffing my face...and how it looks like all I have on is a towel! Promise I do have a swimsuit on underneath!
Another fun weekend for sure! We got lots of different pictures this time.

Unknown said...

Several things that I need to mention today! 1. You are seriously the cutest pregnant person. I mean, you look amazing. 2. I thought that when you wrote "How pretty is this?" you were talking about the picture of Matt doing his toe touch! Ha! 3. You totally need to have Jenny Young take newborn pics of Fulton. Her newborn pics are amazing and I know Fulton is going to be the cutest little baby to photograph. 4. I can't think of anything else, but I feel like I need to keep this comment going. Ha! Glad you had a Happy 4th!