Saturday, July 16, 2011

30 Weeks!

It's finally here... we are on the home stretch and I am 30 weeks pregnant! Woohoo!! I haven't done one of these ole preggo posts, but since I know you are on the edge of your seat dying to know the details, I will share some fun facts with you.
How far along? 30 weeks

Size of baby? This week they say he is about 3 pounds and if you are into comparing that to vegetables, he is the size of a head of cabbage.

Maternity clothes? It varies day to day... I still wear a lot of regular shirts, but most shorts are maternity. I am still looking for that perfect maternity blue jean jumper with the school house on it for the first day of school.

Gender? It's a boy! Fulton Maddox

Movement? This little booger moves all the time. He likes to do karate chops in the middle of the night too.

Sleep? Oh sleep... it's a love/hate relationship. Lately, I have been getting up at 3 am and then sometimes I will go back to sleep about 6. This is going to be a problem when school starts back. Maybe I can get my 8th graders to start having nap time. We are up to 7 --hear that--7 pillows in the bed now. Matt says if I add anymore, he will have to sleep on the couch.

What I miss? Hmmm... what do I miss... not really anything too life altering that I miss. Probably just being able to sleep through the night without going to the potty every couple of hours like a five year old.

Cravings? Since the beginning I have loved fruit and dill pickle chips. I have been laying off the chips more lately due to the fact that I almost have a mini heart attack every time I get on that stinkin scale at the dr's office. You know what else I love?? a good strawberry slushi.

Symptoms? The ole back has been aching a little more lately... and I am super clumsy. Is this even a symptom? I don't know, but I drop things all the time. Good thing I am not trying to win us a championship on the balance beam.

What I am looking forward to? I have some showers coming up that are going to be so fun and I am really excited about. Also, this comfy, excruciatingly expensive, chair we bought for the nursery should be coming in soon. I will sit in that everyday so we get our money's worth.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Only 10 more weeks until I meet my sweet nephew...can hardly wait!!

G K said...

Hey, heyyyy! Don't make fun of those of us who are truly on the edge of our seats dying to know more! :) I love posts like these. So fun!

The Rumage's said...

How cute! You are the cutest darn pregnant lady!

Ohhh....and did I mention, "OHHHHHH" the joy that that super comfy, excruciatingly expensive chair will bring you. I PROMISE, if you try to sleep in it at about 32-33 weeks, it will be some of the best sleep you have gotten in the past few months. I spent weeks 32-38 of my pregnancy sleeping in it and it was the best thing ever!

GIRL RAISED IN THE SOUTH said...

A friend of d$, just wanted to let you know that clumsiness IS a symptom of pregnancy. Be careful!!! I enjoyed looking at your blog today. Miranda