Monday, April 18, 2011

Productivity

This weekend was not what you would call exciting on the fun scale, but very productive. I reeled my dad (and later my mom) and matt in for some fun, held them captive for the day and starting checking things off the list. First up on the list was a ceiling fan installed in our bathroom. I have wanted one for some time now, it just gets so hot in there in the summer. It will be so nice... they did a good job. It does freak me out a bit when dad and matt start cutting holes in the walls and ceilings, but the end product is always great.
Then there was the guest bathroom. The ole toilet needed a little TLC and they felt it was necessary to pull the whole thing outside the house. Nothing like your potty in the backyard. Thankfully our neighbors didn't see.


And then the office... first they went into the attic and ran another cable line into our guest bedroom so we could move our computer over. This was the beginning of the madness of cleaning out this room. We figured little Howard needed a place to sleep one day, so we better get on it.


At the end... accomplished!! Everything was out of the room and had a new home. Yay! In the midst of all this, I even scored 2 awesome pieces of furniture off Craigs List for the future nursery. What a day!


Matt must have eaten his wheaties this weekend, because Sunday afternoon he started staining our porch. He was a man on a mission. I just watched, and told him which places he missed. These 2 guys can do anything I ask them... good to have them around. I really did appreciate all the help... I wasn't much help, but I did go get lunch. That is important!

1 comment:

Keri said...

You will love the fan in your bathroom!! Dad put one in my bathroom several years ago and it saves my life while I dry my hair every morning.
Have not heard about the toilet situation...glad that is taken care of now though :)