Monday, April 25, 2011

He's Alive

What an amazing service we had Sunday for Easter! Our message was all about the reason for our hope. When I think about the difficulties of life, the big things and even the small things, I can't imagine going through a day without the hope of Jesus Christ. Nothing in this world can satisfy the anxiousness, worry, stress, and struggles like the hope of Christ. I can totally relate to this verse: "For Christ died for since once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." 1 Peter 3:18 What a day to celebrate our risen King! After church we went to mom and dad's for a good time of fellowship with family. Mom had the table set all Eastery. As usual, it looked great!


After a delicious meal, where I ate entirely too much and would have unbuttoned my pants, but too bad they were already unbuttoned, we had some fun Easter baskets to dig into. Lots of goodies this year. Steven's parents joined us for lunch as well, so it was a full table.




And we had to take a quick family photo while we had a photographer there. Dad always gets antsy with these and always reminds us that we did a picture last year and that we only need one a year.






The girls... where did I get brown hair? I think I was adopted.



No Easter egg hunt this year (we will save that for the little bambino next year), but the Harley man did enjoy some time in the front yard. Hope you had a great Easter celebrating, and remembering the reason we celebrate!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Another great Easter! The egg hunt is definitely on next year!!