Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's A....

Well, we had the big appointment yesterday to find out what this little booger is. Let me warn you, this is a bit long... but to get the full effect, I will give you the play by play. After all, I do want you to feel like you were right there too.
So at the ultrasound, we got the nurse to text my dear friend Hope so she could make a cake with the correct color icing inside. We wanted to get all the family together (the ones that could come) and all find out at the same time. Hope made this fabulous cake... isn't it cute?! I love it!


We took our time through dinner (more me than anyone else) and it was time for the reason the fam had come. Here is the part where things got a little crazy. You see, I was totally FREAKING out about cutting this cake. I really wanted to know, but sort of didn't want to know. It's like that present that sits under the tree and you are dying to know what it is and when you finally open it, the surprise is over. Well, really not the same, but you get my drift. Sister was the photographer and managed to get the play by play in photos of what was happening.



Everytime we would go to cut it, I would scream and jerk our hands back... Matt was about to just stick his fist through that cake he was so ready to know... and I kept delaying it.





And then the knife finally goes in, but I wouldn't pull it out.. I was about to pee in my pants.



And... IT'S A BOY!!! that was some blue icing Hope put in there. I was worried it was going to be purple or something and then I would have really been worried. See, Matt wore his blue shirt and I wore pink, so we could represent both sides.


After we knew we finally pulled out the ultrasound pictures and I kept saying, are they sure it wasn't a girl?? But, nope there was the woowoo front and center. Sister is still being a great photographer at this point.



And no party would be complete without some gifts from the grandmother and aunt keri. They both bought these things in pink and blue just in case.


After the excitement calmed down a bit, I went back to the table to actually eat the cake this time. This is a sad picture... I guess no one wanted to sit with me.


We must start thinking of a good name for the grandparents... I guess we all thought girl, because we all had some sort of pink shade on. The first thing out out of my dad's mouth was, we will have that little booger on the 4-wheeler next summer

Sister snapped this one and I guess this is where it began to sink in that I am now going to be outnumbered. We are so excited... boy or girl, we really didn't care. We are just so blessed to have this gift from the Lord. Matt is already thinking of this little football player and what position he will play, but I said no contact sports, chess team and safety patrol only!! Oh and by the way, his name is Fulton Maddox Howard. Don't tell me if you don't like it, I might cry.

8 comments:

Hope's Sweet Cakes said...

I was so blessed to get to be a part of this! It was so much fun! And by the way...I love the name. Very original. Love, love, love it!!! Congratulations! Love you guys.h

Rachel Mooney said...

Great idea about everyone being surprised together. Congrats!

Unknown said...

I am so, so excited for you and Matt! I thought "boy" but didn't say anything because I am always wrong!

I love his name! Are you naming him after Christie, because she is totally going to claim that you are! HA! Maddox was always one of my favorite names for a boy.....love, love it! So cute!

As far as being outnumbered, I totally can NOT relate to that. :)

Keri said...

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am!! Thanks for sharing the surprise with all of us...definitely was an exciting evening.
You know how much I already love the name! Can't wait to meet Little Fulton!

Christie said...

I am so excited for y'all!!! I could not wait for Keri to text me that night and tell me. And then when she told me y'all were naming him after me, I was just overjoyed!!! HA!!! Love his name! But for real, save everything you have monogrammed for the little fella, because you just never know! :)

The Rumage's said...

Congrats! What a fun way to find out. Funny, you were about to pee in your pants from the excitement...ha, pretty soon you will just pee in your pants for no reason at all when that little booger starts bouncing on your bladder! LOL

Welcome to motherhood!

G K said...

Awww, a little boy! :-) Awesome! I've been waiting on you to post this, and for some reason I completely missed this post! As for the name, THANKS for posting it! It's good to know early on for gift purposes -- some folks wait too late to share! =) Will you call him Fulton?

Our Little Flock: said...

Awww! Thank You for the play by play! I laughed and teared up the whole way through. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Fulton and yes, that particular gown is very masculine and you will appreciate it during late night diaper changes. Once he gets older around 6-8 months zippers are key! Those snaps are tricky when they are trying to do sommersaults during diaper changes. We are all so very excited!