Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wouldn't This Be Fun?

Saturday as we headed home from Matt's spring football game (which by the way was extremely hot.. thanks to the fam for sticking it out in the heat) we saw this hot air balloon right over our neighborhood. Now, this isn't the first time I have seen one near our house... and I don't know what it is but I just get all giddy and excited when I see one. Makes me think of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or something. I have never been in one, but have always wanted to.. just afraid I might have to go the bathroom once I got up there. Have you been in one?? Last week we had a dinner with all the Special Education teachers at my school (minus a few that weren't able to be there) to celebrate my dear friend Mary (front on right) and her fight against breast cancer. This was a celebration dinner that she has finished her chemo. She looks fabulous!!
Today we took dinner to some friends that just had the most precious baby boy (no pics). I was too busy holding that cute tiny little booger. This is officially our last week of school--yippy!!

4 comments:

Keri said...

There was some kind of hot air balloon event going on yesterday in T-town...wonder if the one you saw was coming to/from this event? Hmmm...who knows.
Which one of your friends had a baby? Can't believe you didn't take any pics!

Jen said...

What?!? No naked pictures. This just ruined my evening. . .
jk!!!
Anyhoo, that is fabulous about your friend finishing chemo! And yay for it being your last week of school!

SKP said...

I have been in a hot air balloon and it was very fun! VERY high but fun! I think you should do it!!!

G K said...

I don't think I've ever seen a hot air balloon in real life -- how cool is that! I'm in no hurry to ride one, for sure!

And that was very sweet of you guys to celebrate your co-worker's completion of chemo! She looks great and very happy!