Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo once again! It was a fun filled day celebrating the 5th of May. I had dinner tonight with 2 very special friends. Sara Katherine, Ryan Lee, and I met up for some mexican food on this special day. Let me give you a little background... the 3 of us became very best buds in high school and have kept in touch through the years and we actually all live very close to each other now. Fun time with old friends! Let me give you a little Flashback Friday... even though it's Wednesday. I dug up a few old pictures from the can I buried out back. This was our senior year of high school... homecoming week and it just happened to be toga day. Oh those were the days. Please excuse my fro.
And here we are before our senior prom. Don't be jealous of this full beaded ankle length formal gown. I think I still have this puppy lying around somewhere.. although I wouldn't be able to fit my left thigh into it. That's our limo in the background.. here's a funny story. We all wanted a limo so bad and my sweet parents went around everywhere trying to find one and the last place they found one was a funeral home. So here's our sweet ride from the graveyard. We loved it though!

And here we are today... awww sweet memories. I think I have actually gotten shorter over the years. From here it only goes downhill.




And another very special event happened today. It's Harley's birthday!! Yay!! He turns 10 years old today.. man he's getting to be an old fella with a lot of gray hair. You can see above that he did get a birthday card from his girlfriend Esmerelda. He was so embarrassed to read it in front of me. He was pooped out from all his birthday festivities and well wishes from family and friends! Hope you had a happy Cinco de Mayo... go eat a taco!

7 comments:

Rachel Mooney said...

Oh my goodness, I am still laughing really hard about the limo. Oh the high school days.

Keri said...

That prom dress was so pretty...seriously it was! I remember that day quite vividly. Oh, and I never had a limo for the prom :( Glad you got to meet them tonight for dinner.
I hope Harley isn't getting too old for birthday celebrations! I had no idea he had a girlfriend by the way! I must meet her!

Jen said...

Love flashback Friday or Wednesday! And the fro was awesome! Memories from yester-year are the best! Everyone looks so great!

Happy Birthday Harley!!

G K said...

Happy Birthday to Harley! And it's always so fun to hang out with high school friends -- they make you feel young again. :) Is that a Hoover ribbon you have on in the toga picture? If so, I didn't know you went to Hoover. :)

SKP said...

HAHA great blog! I am not just saying that because I am in but it is really funny! The bags under my eyes sure have gotten worse over 10 years haha. Had a great time last night!

Lacey said...

you are so silly! i love the doggy bday card!

The Tucks said...

I thought about Harley on his birthday yesterday! Jackson and Penelope say "Happy Birfday Harley!"
The limo story is unbelievable!!!!