Friday, November 14, 2014

Lots of Catching Up

I am catching up on nearly two weeks worth of fun in the Howard household. 


Let's back up to Halloween weekend, two Sundays ago. We had Fan Day at church which meant we got to tailgate with our small group after the service. This little was thrilled when he saw there were bounce houses involved. 


Here are a few of the little ones that we could contain for a minute to take a picture. They were having so much fun together. 


Straight from Fan Day we had a birthday party to get to. We played and played until this occurred. We pulled in the driveway and Fulton was out. Matt decided to rest his little eyes too. I went on inside and left these two to their beauty rest. 



Now let's skip to the next weekend (last week was filled with playdates, library outings with friends, and a girl's baby shower...all of which I managed to take zero pictures). Friday afternoon mom, sister, and I headed to our annual tradition...Christmas Village. This was the only picture I took (I am losing my touch) because I wanted to remember what aisle something was on to go back and get. It's a little blurry. Lots of fun things to see and we had a great night together.


Saturday we were up bright and early for Fulton's buddy Elijah's birthday. It was at the fire station and we had such a great time. This is the first time we have been to a birthday party like this and the firemen pulled the engine out and let the kids get inside. How cool!!

All the kids sat on the drive and watched the fireman pull the engine out and raise the ladder all the way. Their jaws were just dropping. It was so precious. We enjoyed some yummy cupcakes too. 


Sunday afternoon we had some sweet couples from our class over to help wrap shoeboxes for Operation Christmas child. Fulton had a ball playing with Alex and little baby Luke. It was a great opportunity to serve others and begin instilling in Fulton about giving to others and not focusing on ourselves.


Monday we had some errands to run and I looked back and saw Mr. Coolio sitting like this. He cracks me up!! I am loving (can I say loving again) being home with him. I am so blessed to get to enjoy this season of life. His little personality and the things he says just make me smile. 


Monday night we convinced Matt to get the Christmas tree down (don't judge). I just like to enjoy it! Caught this little helper getting into something... as always. 


Just because he's cute. 


Tuesday was Veteran's Day and we are so beyond thankful to all the men and women who serve and have served our country. We are blessed to live where we do. It was a beautiful day and we went for a walk on the trail in our neighborhood. 


I guess one of my favorites about fall is the leaves. It's so cool how God designed them this way. To turn into beauty and allow us to enjoy it before they fall off. 


Later that afternoon (after we enjoyed a picnic lunch on the backporch) this little guy decided he wanted to nap in his big boy bed. He did pretty good. He laid there like a statue for a while...almost afraid to move, but finally settled in to sleep. And yes, he hasn't moved to his big boy bed yet because...he doesn't want to. Crazy huh?!?


That day we finished up our Christmas decorations inside and started to enjoy them. 


Love our tree!! We haven't put the outside decorations up yet because I don't want the neighbors to freak out (sshhh--don't tell). 


So later that night guess where this guy wanted to go back to... his crib. He is such a creature of habit and we are so thankful he has never tried to climb or jump out (Even though he is working on his yoga poses here) and he just seems so happy and content in his same old bed. I guess we will move him to his big bed before he goes to first grade.. just kidding. 


Wednesday turned freezing!!! We bundled up and headed to the library for story time. We checked out some really cool books and this guy has kept his nose buried in them. I love the fact that he loves books. The teacher in me is content!! Last night I helped with a women's dinner at church and got home really late. Today has been pretty low key as I am pooped from last night. Looking forward to building a fire tonight and enjoying my family. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Joy said...

I wanted to go to Christmas Village, but I dared not go it alone with Avery. Maybe next year. We are putting our main Christmas decorations up this week, and of course put Avery's up last week. She loves it!! Y'all had a busy two weeks!! Hope this week is just as fabulous!

Keri said...

I mean, could he look any cuter in that vest??
I like to see that he was helping out with the Christmas tree :)