Saturday, September 6, 2014

Labor Day and Beyond

Labor Day weekend was a little different this year. Mom, Fulton and I went up Friday morning to do a few things around there. Dad and Matt came up later after work. Saturday morning we went up to see Mema and realized she had a little injury that really needed attention, So Mom and I loaded up to take her. 5 hours later we returned. The guys spent the afternoon watching football and then a few storms rolled in. Sister and Pete arrived later that night. 


We made a fort inside and pretended to nap in it. 


 Sunday we were determined to spend some time on the water. Would you believe this is the only picture I took all day. Boo. The guys were working on something on the boat. We took a really long boat ride, came back and played in the water. We made a good lunch and then started cleaning up things to store away for the winter. We decided to head on home Sunday night because we were planning to spend some time with Grandma Monday. 


Labor Day morning we got up to a nice cool morning and took a great walk in the neighborhood and finished with breakfast on the back porch. We went to mom and dads and had a nice lunch, but Grandma didn't make it. She wasn't feeling up to it. 


We finally got to go visit the sweet Ness family and meet baby James. 
These three had a blast together. 



Tuesday afternoon Fulton and I loaded up and headed to Matt's school's first home football game. We enjoyed a little picnic dinner and loved seeing daddy. 

These two headed to the Alabama game this morning. I was sad to not be going with them but after school Thursday I started feeling awful and ended up at the doctor where I was diagnosed with the flu. The flu!? In September?? Yes, that's what I said. I have been down for the count since then, but thankful Matt stayed home with Fulton yesterday because I could barely make it out of the bed. He is amazing!! Here's to hoping I am turning the corner and getting back to my old self. 

2 comments:

Keri said...

That's definitely some fake sleeping in that first picture :)
Hope the boys had a great time at the game yesterday!

Mind Shakers said...

Want to know about the latest news and happenings in India. Mindshakers provide you all the information from entertainment, science & technology, sports, life style and much more.http://mindshakers.in/