Saturday, September 20, 2014

Camp Howard

I guess we are making it a tradition now and taking an annual camping trip. Our camping buddies (the Baccus fam) moved away (insert sobbing), but I am so glad we 
have lots of friends that love to camp too. 


The sweet Raudenbush fam didn't hesitate one bit when we started planning our trip.  Well, maybe we did have to convince Ashley, but everyone else was quickly on board. Fulton and I headed out to the camp site early Friday afternoon to stake out a good piece of land. The others quickly joined us and we started setting up our site. 


It's some work putting everything out (like I would know, Matt did everything), but here we are breaking in our little home for the night. 

 
Matt loves a good fire so he was quickly gathering wood and getting it started. We cooked hotdogs, the hard way--over the fire... except I opted for mine on the grill. Something about shards of wood in my dog that doesn't appeal to me. 


We made smores for dessert. Fulton was a fan and Brynna loved the flashlights. Sweet friends!


And here we are Saturday morning. Let's do a recap of the nighttime hours. Remember those smores Fulton was eating. Disaster!! The sugar went straight to his brain and made him crazy. He flipped flopped around like a fish for nearly 2 hours. I threatened to take him home in the middle of the night thinking that would make him settle down, but he replied with "I want to go home." Well, that didn't work. He finally settled down somewhere around the 11:00 hour and we got a little rest. This guy was rip roaring ready to go at 5:30 a.m. Matt got up with him and they walked the woods...trying to whisper while doing it. 


Ashley made some delicious breakfast burritos and we warmed them over the fire. We took our campsite down later that morning and walked over to Trade Days. That was entertaining. 


By noon we were all worn out, dirty, and ready to head home. I am a one night camper, unless I had a motorhome... now that would be some nice camping. We had a great trip. It is fun to expose Fulton to these things and enjoy it as a family. Good times!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Ashley is so good. I'm pretty sure we had pop tarts last year. Glad y'all had fun!

Keri said...

what a fun time! Let me know when you guys spring for the camper and I'll gladly join you :)