Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! But first there were a few other events this weekend. 


Saturday morning we met Matt's mom and stepdad for a little brunch and to celebrate Mother's Day with them. I didn't get any pictures because we were too busy chasing Fulton in the restaurant. He wasn't much into sitting and socializing that morning. He had spent all his energy going through the shoe section of my closet. 


I love these two guys to pieces. I am so blessed. We came home and rested up where this little fella took a 4 hour nap and it was a good thing because we had a big event to get to. Another wedding. 


That shirt didn't stay tucked in long because the reception was in a beautiful area with lots of green grass to run in and swings to play on. 


Oh and there was a pool too. Fulton was upset that he forgot his swimsuit. 


But he brought his dancing shoes. This guy was a dancing machine. Kiki was right there with him for the cupid shuffle. I just sat at the table, watched and ate cake balls. 


Now here we are at Mother's Day. You know Matt's specialty is breakfast and not just any ole breakfast. But breakfast in bed. This guy is too good to me. Homemade waffles and scrambled eggs in bed. It was delicious. And he had a little helper who was so proud to help deliver it. 


We had a great lesson in our small group with the reminders of the importance of community and regular commitment to being at church. We left there filled up and headed to serve in the nursery. 


We had fun at lunch with this sweet family. I have said it before but Fulton loves these girls. He even ditched sitting by his mommy at lunch and chose to sit by "the girls" as he calls them. 


We came home and I was showered with sweet gifts including this little project that Matt and Fulton have been working on. Matt said Fulton's sawing skills are really improving and he did a good job sawing these pallets all the same size. Matt is so creative and seeks to make everything special for me. I will cherish this sweet hand print flower. 


And for dinner we were off to sister's to celebrate with the fam. Keri and Pete made a delicious dinner for us and the company couldn't have been any better. I have some great men in my life. 


And to my mom on Mother's Day--she is the best. She is a hardworking, creative, caring, beautiful, Jesus loving woman. I am thankful for her and love how she has shown through example how I should be a wife and a mother. 


This little guy is pretty smitten for her as well. 


He was proud of his gift to KK. What a great day to celebrate my mother and the gift God has given me to be a mother. I am so blessed to this little guy's mom. Couldn't ask for a better job in life. 

1 comment:

Keri said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!
Glad I found me a dancin' partner :)