Tuesday, May 27, 2014

End of the Year


Well, I have let two weeks go by and not posted a thing. Let's go back to two weekends ago. 


Before we get to that... Matt has quite the shadow these days. This little guy wants to do whatever his daddy is doing. I came home from a meeting a church and found them cutting the grass. Matt is hoping Fulton's desire for cutting the grass stays around until he is a teenager. 

Now back to two weeks ago. We had another wedding to attend. This would be the third wedding in three weeks, but I think we are done for a while. It was at Stone Bridge Farms in Cullman and it was a beautiful location. 


They had some delicious food, good music, and lots of yummies on the candy bar. Someone kept getting their hands in the gummy bear section. 


One afternoon we stopped by after school to get a hair cut. It was much needed and looking at this picture, we probably could have stood to cut some more off. Of course he picked a blue sucker. 


Friday was our last day of school. Here is my little guy from the beginning of the year to last week. My how he has grown and learned to smile better for the camera. We obviously some Polo and plaid. 


So Friday was a bittersweet day. It was my last day of full time teaching for a bit. I am taking a break and am going to be a mommy first. I am so looking forward to this season of life. I came into my classroom Friday to a surprise "Goodbye" party. My teacher friends are the absolute best. I will surely miss these sweet people. 


So I packed up my room and said my goodbyes. I hope to come back to full time teaching one day, but for now I will teach preschool a few days a week when Fulton goes. God is so gracious to us to allow us this opportunity. I am looking forward to it. 

2 comments:

Keri said...

What an exciting time for you! I get a little teary eyed thinking about it. I know you are going to enjoy this time so much!
Send Fulton on over to cut our grass...Pete might need some help here in the next few weeks :)
That dress looked so cute on you by the way!

Keri said...

Oh and I LOVE the comparison picture of Fulton. He has grown so much! Look at all that blond hair at the beginning of the school year. You can tell he spent some time out in the sun last summer! Love that sweet boy!!