Monday, September 2, 2013

Quick Get Away

We usually spend Labor Day at the lake and we were still planning on it up until just a few days ago. Mom and Dad had a cancellation at their condo and had a few small projects and asked if wanted to come along for a quick weekend at the beach. Sure we did. 


We were up early Saturday morning to make the drive down. We jumped out of the car and into our swimsuits as fast as we could. This little guy was eager to get to the beach. 


He picked up right where he left off from earlier in the summer. 


Failed picture attempt. He is mesmerized by airplanes these days 
and couldn't take his eyes off of it. 


Pops has found him a new snacking buddy and Fulton has found a new love... 
dill pickle chips. Right in his momma's footsteps. These are my absolute favorite chips. Between 
these two guys, I didn't get but a few crumbs though. Saturday night we 
ordered take-out and watched our Tide win the first one of the season. Sweet. 


Sunday we were out and ready for some more fun. 


We couldn't keep these two out of the ocean. Getting in the ocean is not my favorite. 
I am not a fan of the saltwater myself.


All that swimming will wear you out. 


We went to dinner at Tacky Jack's... our fave. Which by the way I had a 
grilled shrimp wrap. Oh my, why haven't I ordered this before. It was delish. 
Maybe Matt can re-create it for me because I really want another one. 


This certain little guy doesn't do too well sitting after he is finished eating, so KK took him on a little walk to watch the boats. I think they were supposed to be entertained by the boats, but it was more like Fulton entertaining the boats going by. He had to wave and say hi to each one. 


It was a nice little spot to sit and relax after dinner. 


Pops had been saving his quarters and we went back to the famous money pit jet thing across from the condo. Matt couldn't stand it and wanted a quarter for his too. 


We met some new friends too. As if we hadn't consumed enough, we headed to Hope's Cheesecakes for dessert. This is where we each got our own slice. No one was willing to share with the others. I had red velvet and my stars it was fabulous. 


Today we decided to stay a little longer and play some more. We are just so blessed to be able to enjoy God's creation like this. I realize some children may never see the sand and ocean in their lifetime, so I pray we never take this for granted. 


We played our little hearts out until we turned around and saw this behind us. Yikes... time to head in. We had a long, long car ride home today. Seems everyone else in the surrounding states were heading home from the beach too. Lots of family bonding in the car. Sweet memories from this weekend!!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Hope y'all didn't have "too" much fun without us...hate we could not make the trip.
I cannot believe you didn't have the flaky fish again from Tacky Jack's :) Looks like a fun trip!!

Duct Cleaners Riverside said...

Hello nice poost