Monday, August 6, 2012

What Are Your Thoughts

It's time for another purchase... and a big one I assume after browsing the car seat aisle several times and looking at the hefty price tags on some of these puppies. 
So I need any and all advice. Several of my friends have already given me the brands they have purchased, but we just haven't bit the bullet to commit to the next carseat. Any advice?? By the way, doesn't this look just like Fulton... I mean on St. Patty's Day of course.


And here's another question for you. So the big debate is when to turn their seat around. Apparently it used to be one year and now they recommend two years old. I mean I don't want Fulton to look like this in a year. Hmm... what do you think?  Thanks for the tips!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paige said...

We bought a graco carseat..can't remember the model but had great reviews. I know britax is the mac daddy of them but this one has all the side impact testing and bells and whistles and was half the price. I just couldnt pay $300 the britax.

We turned Amelia at 1. I looked at the weight and height recommendations and always went with that. I can't imagine having them turned backwards until 2!!! but I guess it has to do with neck strength.

We loved our carseat and it held up great. Good enough that it will be used with Bennett!

Keri said...

Funny...I was just browsing the car seat aisle tonight at BBB trying to figure out which one to get for my car :)
I have no suggestions...

Jessica said...

We got the True Fit Recline Convertible Car Seat. It got 5 stars for safety. It did cost a little more but I could not pick money over safety. I said I was going to keep him turned around for a while...however when we got the seat he was about 14 months old and we turned him around. His legs are just so long he kicks the seat. You just have to do what you want to do.

Unknown said...

We have the Britax carseats for our girls. If you watch for sales online, sometimes you can get them for a great price. I got Emmie's after seeing a deal on babysteals.com and it was really reasonable. As far as turning them around, we did that at different times. I kept Ellie rear-facing until around 18 months because she is so tiny. However, Lainie and Emmie were around 1 year. I say do whatever makes you the most comfortable!

Hope's Sweet Cakes said...

I couldn't imagine waiting until he is two to turn him around. As long as he meets the weight requirement, I think it is safe to do it at one.

Rebecca said...

Turn that baby around. You know he meets the weight requirements.
We have the Evenflo carseat. I like it because it goes to 65 pounds and goes to booster. It is heavy and large but that is not a problem for us as it stays in one car and we have no other children, but something to consider.