Sunday, April 8, 2012

Our Lord Is Alive

"They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.....He is not here; he has risen!" Luke 24:2-3, 6.

What a glorious day celebrating the resurrection of our Lord. Our pastor really challenged us this morning (as did some other events this week) to think about what Easter really means to us. It really made me think about how we want to raise our son. We want to rear him to know the true meaning of Easter. That even though eggs, baskets, and a cute outfit on Sunday are fun, it's not what it's really about. I am here to say it is so so hard not to get caught up in it. I am the worst at letting this stuff take over. But, it's about our Savior bearing the ultimate sacrifice for me, for us, taking the weight of my sin on his shoulders and then rising up 3 days later to be a living God for you and me. So awesome!!Fulton had an Easter party with his friends at school. They are some of the most gift giving kiddos I know. They love to shower each other with happies. He wasn't too crazy about the mask, but he humored me for a picture.

We had a good Saturday with some consignment shopping, a stroll through Sams and lunch on the mountain overlooking the valley. This morning someone decided to sleep later than he has in a long long time, so we snapped a few shots with the basket and hurried along our morning so we weren't late to church.
We left the service and headed to KK and Pops to have lunch with them.
Aunt Keri and Uncle Pete (or shall I say just Keri) helped mom to get everything ready for lunch and we pretty much just showed up to eat. Slackers we are!
Fulton enjoyed his Easter baskets from Aunt Keri and KK. He loves all of his goodies. He got some cute outfits, monogrammed eggs, and KK hand painted this basket for him. Love it all!! He also got some puffs that we can't wait to try. Speaking of puffs... he got some from one of his friends at school and I tried a few on the way home the other day... and I have to admit I nearly ate half the can. The peach-mango flavor is delish.
He enjoyed reading and eating his cards too.
Look what sister made. These are little birds nests with some eggs in them... she is so creative. Ok it's not really a birds nest with eggs, just cereal and jelly beans. I know you were fooled for a minute though. They were yummy too.
Fulton almost destroyed KK's necklace... he loves to grab anything he can get his hands on these days.
We tried for a family shot, but I think we had already used up all the happiness this fella had in him for the day. He had barely had a nap and was running on empty. I pretty much look like a slouchy frumpy mess too. Geeze.
Blessed day celebrating with family.

4 comments:

Keri said...

I hope Fulton enjoyed his first Easter! He was too fun today!
The new header looks great!

Kathy Jo said...

I LOVE the new header pic!!! He has the cutest grin!!!!!

Mandie Tuck said...

The pic of Fulton with the bunny face on is so funny! He is sitting up on his own like a bog boy and he looks so much like you, Kristen!
Happy Easter!

Jessica said...

I like the mask I think he looks cute. He also has such a cute smile.