Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Already?!

Here's a little rundown of the Labor Day weekend.... Started off Friday night with a game against the mighty Homewood Patriots. Sister came this week to join in the festivities. It was a fun game!
Saturday we were planning to go to the lake but we woke up to a beautiful day of raining. Instead my two boys were napping on the couch... with remote in hand. Saturday night mom and dad came over to watch the AL game. It was touch and go there for a bit, but thankfully they pulled out a win!

After Matt got home from practice today we headed over to Tannehill State Park. Now matt has never been here and I myself haven't been since maybe 4th grade. We were trying to think of something fun to do since it was nice out. You would know the day we go they are having some sort of union rally. I thought "rally"... I love pep rallies. But apparently this was not what it was. They did have a band and some food and we enjoyed that... but otherwise we were a little out of place without our bandannas on our heads and our leather jackets.


Matt already had his AL gear on so we could meet our sweet friends Jonathan and Rachel at Chick-fil-A for a free sandwich. Yeah!



And then, it's hair cut time. Matt's bangs are in desperate need of a trim. I have trying for a few days to talk him into letting me trim them. Why not save the $16 bucks and let me do it? He finally agreed but nearly peed in his pants while it was going on. And I did get a major case of the giggles as the scissors were about to snip away. Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend without the labor!




3 comments:

Keri said...

Well you didn't tell me enough about what was going on at Tannehill...you acted like it was some kind of festival...doesn't sound like it though.
The picture of Matt in the bathroom...was this the before or after the cut? Why didn't you just go ahead and shave it, wouldn't that have been easier?!?

Christie said...

I LOVE the picture of Matt in the bathroom! Hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

you are hysterical.
I have been cutting David's hair since last fall. I just get clippers and zoom right over his head. one time i cut his ear and another time i burned his neck. other than that he's been ok....and we've saved money!
-Amanda