Saturday, May 16, 2015

End of School Year

I guess I am on a two week blogging plan lately and 
here I go catching up the last two weeks again. 

We decided to surprise daddy at school with a slushi. Fulton was so excited to see daddy at work. He even stood in the doorway going to the hall and told the kids to get to class. 
I think he was a little too comfortable. 

The next day we had water day at school. It had been a big week as the ice 
cream man came earlier that week too. 

Friday night we met up with the Burgess family to check out the Buck Creek Festival. We brought a picnic dinner and enjoyed the festivities. 

The next morning we were up bright and early with our small group ready to serve at Grace House. It's a home for girls that are in tough situations in their family life. The girls worked inside preparing breakfast and cleaning, while the boys did some major yardwork. 
It was a great morning serving others. 

We came home and napped and then headed to meet Matt's mom to 
celebrate Mother's day with her. 

Sunday morning was Mother's Day and the boys got up early 
and started making breakfast. 

Matt made me this neat chalkboard out of some old pallets. I just love it. He is so good at whipping up homemade gifts and those are the ones that mean the most. 

They brought me breakfast in bed and it was glorious. 
They sure know how to spoil me. Matt is so good to me. 

Fulton came running in the room with my card and said "Happy Valentine's Day." It was too cute. Matt said they practiced several times before coming in but 
sweet boy just had Valentine's on his mind. 

Before heading to church.

Later that night we met up with my family for dinner and to 
celebrate my mom for Mother's Day. 

It was a good thing I rested up on Sunday because we had 
quite the crew at our house on Monday. 

We even had a little water day and got out the sprinklers, sand box, 
and water table. They had a blast. 

Tuesday after school we met KK for lunch. We enjoyed sneaking in a 
little ice cream treat after our meal. 

Somebody got into my headbands. Daddy is real proud of this. 

Thursday was our last day of school for the year. So sad! Look
 how much our sweet boy has grown this year. 

We have had a fun year! I had the best class with the 
sweetest kids and Fulton did as well. 

I still don't think he fully understood that it was his last day. His class of 8 kids have sure grown to love each other. I know they will miss seeing each other every week. 

Fulton with his teacher Mrs. Juliette on his last day. Couldn't have 
asked for a better teacher (and friend to me). 

Fulton's buddy Andrew gave him a new game last week and 
last night we tried it out. It's called Mustache Smash. So fun!
It was a wild Friday night at our house. 

Today we headed over to the Regions Golf Tournament. This was Fulton's first golf outing and we had many talks about how you have to be quiet. He did pretty good. 
I think his favorite part might have been the bus ride from the parking lot. 

Or it might have been the chocolate treat he got too. As we were walking in a guy handed us some tickets to a food tent. Seriously!? What a small little blessing that totally 
made our day. We had a great day outside!

No comments: