Sunday, March 15, 2015

Life Lately

I just realized two weeks has gone by and 
I need to catch up on what's been going on.


Nothing too exciting, but we are just enjoying this season of life. 


Fulton got this remote control Jeep for Christmas from Mema and Papa and literally broke it within the first five minutes. We brought it home and it sat in the garage for the last two months. We were cleaning out last weekend and found it. Matt was able to put it back together and get it working again (yay for a hubby that can and will attempt to fix anything). Fulton couldn't have been happier. I caught these two enjoying a moment together. 


And when it comes to enjoying moments together, 
these two are pretty much inseperable at school. He loves his buddy Elijah.  


That same day, Fulton snuck over to my room to give me a quick kiss--yes he really does that and it makes my heart smile. And I said--let's take a quick picture. He loves having me right next door. I will miss it when he moves up to a new class next year. 


Two weeks ago we had our big missions week at church called World Reach. This year I was on the planning committee and was coordinator for host homes. I enjoyed having a part in this huge week and learning the behind the scenes planning. We got a picture of some of the kids in our small group sporting their snazzy World Reach shirts. Chloe, Fulton, Luke and Anna Claire. 


That Friday Fulton and I went to a few consignment sales where he picked out this saxophone of which he kept calling a trumpet all day. 


That night we participated in Feeding Children Everywhere. Our church was able to pack 111,000 meals that will be shipped to North Korea. 


 Loved serving along side these sweet ladies. It just really makes you stop and think that we have anything we could possibly want to eat at our fingertips and these precious lives are desperately waiting on these meals to arrive to curve their hunger. We take so much for granted. 


Saturday Bob and Larry were in town and we got to meet them. Fulton was super shy and gave a silly little grin, but he thought it was pretty cool. 


We enjoyed a great fellowship with our class Saturday night where we were able to hear from a particular missionary and how we can be a part of their mission work. 


Monday Fulton and I braved the drizzle and dreary day and headed to the baseball game at Matt's school. He asked a million gazillon questions about the game and was ready to put a helmet on and get on the field. Sweet boy loves some sports right now. 


We enjoyed some libray time on Wednesday and Fulton quickly made 
himself comfortable in the fiction section. 


We got to church a little early Wednesday night and he is into this thing where he wants to pretend to drive. I cannot even think about my little buddy driving one day. Sniff sniff. 


Friday night our sweet boy had a spend the night party at KK and Pops house. Earlier that day we were talking about it and he said--you can just drop me off Mommy. As in--you don't need to come in, just open the door and let me out. He thinks he is such a big boy. I tell him all the time that he is my baby and he will quickly remind me that he is  "a big boy."


Friday night Matt and I enjoyed a date night and then met up with Mom and Dad to show Fulton the Vulcan. It's been quite sometime since I have been to this and we thought Fulton would enjoy it. 


It was pretty cloudy and overcast, but the views were still beautiful. 


And as we left church today, Matt said--let's go eat Chinese. Fulton replied with--I don't want to eat at Happy China. He changed his mind pretty quick and loved some wonton soup, eggroll, and sesame chicken. He is now a lover of all things Chinese food related. 

1 comment:

Keri said...

Hate we missed the Vulcan field trip, but I knew we would be cutting it close with getting ready for the prom :)
Love all of the selfies!