Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year

Now that New Years has been nearly a week past, 
I think I will finally get around to talking about it. 


New Year's Eve was a good day. Matt spent the morning chopping some wood we had gathered at the lake the day before (need to blog about that too) and Fulton and I ran a few errands. 


We enjoyed good naps and got ready for some sweet friends to 
come over and celebrate the New Year with us. 


The Tuck family came over and these two enjoyed each other's company for sure. 


Clara, Hallie, and Fulton were getting into the New Year's festivities 
complete with horns and crowns. 


We don't usually promote violence in our family, but they ended with a little 
sword fight before calling it a night. 


We had a great night. Good fellowship with great friends while the kids had a blast together. I can't say I stayed up to watch any fireworks, but I did hear some and maybe that counts for something. 


Thursday morning Fulton and I went over to visit Grandma for a bit while daddy stayed back because he said he had some things to do. We got home and this man, my man, had cleaned the house, complete with scrubbing the kitchen tile and grout by hand. He is so good to me! We spent the rest of the day at home gearing up for the Alabama game, which didn't turn out quite like we hoped. Sniff sniff. 2014 was a great year, with ups and downs for sure, but God is so faithful and has never left our side. My prayer for 2015 is that we can run to Him and pursue Him like never before. 
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Looks like a fun night with friends! Love Fulton in his Alabama hoodie :)