Saturday, August 11, 2012

My New Love

So this is my new love... Pinterest. I know, I am a little behind. But I finally joined this about a month ago and I am hooked. Love it. Matt says I am addicted, I disagree. 
Here are a few of my recent projects from my new hobby. 

 My burlap cross. Now, don't look to closely because it has quite a few imperfections but I have been wanting something burlap for our door and just couldn't bring myself to pay the prices. Good ole Pinterest to the rescue (and a little encouraging from my sweet friend Stephanie) and this was the result. Only cost me $2.99 for the burlap because I had everything else.

 Don't let the hot pink freak you out, no it's not going in our living room (I only wish I could be that daring). But I saw on Pinterest where you could spray paint old brass lamps. Well, I was needing a little pop in my classroom and some more pink to match the hanging lanterns, a quick trip to the thrift store and Lowes and this was the result. I also glued a cute pink flower to the shade to complete it. Now, there is a sad part to this... I got just a little little bit of pink spray paint on the driveway. Matt wasn't too thrilled about that part. Ooops.


And last but not least our newest activity. Saw this one on there too. I saw where you could turn the pack-n-play into a ball pit. Who needs to go to the playground at McDonalds when you can have your own at home?! We need a few more bags, but it's a start. Fulton is enjoying it so far. So I made one more thing with my leftover burlap but forgot to take a picture before it went to my classroom. I am loving Pinterest, getting lots of good ideas and I have another one to reveal for Fulton's birthday party. I fear that going back to school is going interfere with my craft time. Bummer. 

1 comment:

Keri said...

So glad you finally joined! I still don't use it to it's potential, but I do love it!