Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Week of Firsts

A few new things have happened this week. Nothing overly exciting, but remember,
we are boring people.
 

We had our first official day back to school. Matt didn't have any kids sent to his office on the first day and week, so that was pretty good. He looks sharp in his slacks and tie.
 


So, it's my 10th year of teaching. Woohoo! I have a great caseload of students. They are sweet, sweet kids and mostly boys. Learning these middle school boys will hopefully help me later in life. To top that I even cooked dinner on the first day of school. I shocked myself with that one. I thought for sure I would have to whip out the PB and J.
 


Pops got Fulton some sunglasses and he actually wears them. Sister got him some last year, but he nearly broke them because he likes to pull the legs out as he tries to put them on. This pair has been a little more successful. He needed them for the boat ride yesterday.
 


Speaking of yesterday, another first occurred. We picked okra. My sweet mema had rotator cuff surgery and when we went up to visit her yesterday morning the only thing she was worried about was that someone was going to get down to her garden and pick the okra. Sister and I looked at each other and said the guys would take care of it. We decided to help. Dad, Pete, Matt, Sister, and I tackled the task. Matt and I had a little competition who could pick the most. Of course I won. Pete was the chef and actually fried a bunch of it for us. It was yummy! I am not much of a gardening gal, but I sure do like to eat the veggies. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have to go pick okra for my grandmother this week! I remember helping as a kid and I'm pretty excited. Even though I'm sure I'll let my brother and Allen do most of the work :)

Keri said...

Glad everyone'e first day back was a success! Yeah for okra...now if we can just learn how to cook it :)