Monday, June 27, 2011

Festivities

Last week was the big birthday... last one in the 20's to be exact. I sort of like to stretch these birthday things out for several days.. and that's just what I did this year. Early in the week I met some of my dear sweet teacher friends for lunch and a little mini celebration. I love these girls (and others who couldn't be there) and I am so blessed to have these believing women to work close with every day.


The next day Matt surprised me with a little early birthday dinner. This guy is like Chef Boyardee extreme. He is such a fabulous cook and I am so thankful for that because I am a stinky cook. And guess what else.. he loves to cook... even better huh?! He even put candles on the table. He is awesome!



The next day I woke up to this! He decorated the house and even made birthday signs out of construction paper. He was so proud of himself... let me tell you what else he was proud of. The fact that he used color coordinating tissue paper to match the gift bags. I love it!! I scored some good prizes!





Complete with a hand made card and all!! On another not so birthday related note, I am looking a little green in this picture... I had to get up early and go to the doctor that morning to take my glucose test.. hooray I passed and dove into the cake afterwards! Then it was off to dinner with the fam and that was quite the experience. I should just stick to the same ole normal places we eat, but we tried to venture out and it was on the verge of a disaster and when it was all said and done our whole meal, all 6 of us, was free.



And one more fabulous birthday celebration with the fam at the lake this weekend. They all stayed up and decorated again (they know how much I love this birthday thing) and even had a cake for me... and if you look real close you can see that there is an extra letter added to my name. Two e's in Kristen... we will give the credit to my mema for that one :) gotta love her! It was still delicious though.

3 comments:

Keri said...

I still cannot believe she misspelled your name. Well, yes I can! The cake was delish despite the typo.
Hate your birthday night dinner stunk so bad...whew...probably be a while before I go back to that place again...if ever!

G K said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen! Matt is so sweet! And LOL at your Mema and the cake spelling. Sounds like something my MOM would do! :) I'll be 29 this year, too! Didn't realize we were the same age (I thought you were younger)!

Christie said...

Happy Birthday! Love Matt's decor! He needs to give my hubby a call this week and explain how to do that!