Friday, October 15, 2010

And The Office

Are you ready for the most non exciting room of our house... (I guess other than the bathrooms). Here's our office... hold on to your seats people. A little sidenote.. on this first picture I kept trying to figure out what that while thing on the side was and why it looked like the picture was curling up... stupid me..it's the wall. I guess that just adds to the other stupid thing I did today, which was lock my filing cabinet keys in the filing cabinet with my purse.
It would help if I actually did something to the window in this room, but I just haven't. Anyways, here's the office. This room is just a hodge podge of furniture and random things from all places. Total investment in this room is under the $100 dollar range. This room actually did get used A LOT when matt and I were in graduate school... now, not so much. That papason (how do you spell this word) chair was free from a friend in college, we just got a new cushion for it. I can't guarantee how long it will last, but it's held up pretty good the last 6 years. I just ignore the cracking and creaking it makes when I sit in it.




This cabinet we actually swiped from my mema's house (I think my uncle made it). We sanded it and painted it black. We have so many books, we really need another bookshelf, but this works for now. There is matt's guitar and his beloved cowboy hat that I once tried to sell at a garage sale.



And here's our desk. We got this desk off Craig's List for 10 bucks. Now, that's a deal for you. My parents bought us the chair when we moved in, the left drawer cabinet was my great grandmothers, we sanded and painted it too. The old rickety filing cabinet was free too. See that sunflower picture... yours truly painted that. That was my first Sips n Strokes creation. Good thing you can't see it up close. See, I told you the room was full of cheap things and so much excitement!!




9 comments:

Maria said...

I am such a believer is less is more - I love your room! Thank you for sharing.

Keri said...

What a lovely office. Maybe you should get some curtains like the ones you have in your dining room and put them in the office. I think that would be a nice touch to the room. Just my two cents...

Heather said...

I love your office space! That cabinet is gorgeous, I love the color of it!

hentai said...

very nice place to work!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Cute office space!

Anonymous said...

It's a really nice space! Love the cabinet/book shelf! I love my books too. And that almost selling the cowboy hat sounds like a good story :)

Miranda said...

This is a perfect office space!
You're room is so neat and clean.. I REALLY like it!! :-)

Miranda
http://hanginloosewiththetuccis.blogspot.com

G K said...

I wish our office was this clean! But when it's an office AND guest room, I guess that makes it hard!

Blake Mitchell said...

Each of the things you stuffed here in this office has a story to tell, all from your sunflower painting to drawer cabinet from your great-grandma. You have a simplistic yet warm office, which is nice. Have you made any changes there in your home office since this blog post?