Sunday, September 5, 2010

Football Is Here

Football season has started and it was a weekend full of it. Now that summer is officially over, I am ready for Fall to be here... with some cooler weather. Friday night Matt had his first home game and it was a good one. They started out with some crazy jumper guys that jumped out of this plane and landed on the field.. it was really cool. One had this huge American flag, one had a Hoover flag, and the other had a Spain Park flag. You would have to pay me a lot of money to do this.

The cheerleaders never disappoint with their enormous signs.

And here's the guy in action. I keep telling Matt if he would turn around I could get a picture of the front of him. He kindly reminds me that the game is the other way and he probably won't be turning around. Whatever...


Mom and Dad came to support as always. They are such loyal fans sporting their orange. Mom always reminds me that it is hard for her to wear orange (you know the whole Auburn thing).. I agree.... but we try not to think about that.




And here's my man after the game.. it was a good one. Hoover 44 Spain Park 0. Go Bucs!



And Saturday it was off to Tuscaloosa for the first Bama home game against San Jose State. Where do they find these teams? We headed to the tailgate to see sister and her new hubs.





Steven and Matt at the tailgate.. it was actually pretty nice yesterday.. got a little warm at some points, but overall not too bad.

Look at these precious cupcakes that sister made... minus 2 that had been eaten. I mean they were just (almost) too cute to eat... although that didn't stop me. They were seriously tasty too and guess who put those A's on there.. Steven. Yep, that little Mr. Betty Crocker has been holding out on us.

Sister and Steven got to the tailgate to help them set up so early they might as well had brought breakfast too... they sure do make a day out of it.

Matt and I roamed around the quad a bit and stopped by to see our friends Jonathan and Rachel at their tent. They have a nice set up with a red grill and all... they are hard core tailgaters too.


Matt was so pumped for the season to start.. he couldn't wait to get into the stadium. I sure wish he would talk to me more during the games, but I think he is concentrating. And he tells me I should pay more attention too. I get so distracted by all the people around me and I start people watching and before I know it, half the game is gone.




Mom and Dad were pumped too for the season start and even drove from the lake to the game and then back to the lake afterwards.... now, that's some fans for you.


Mom and me at the stadium waiting for the game to start...and have I ever mentioned how great my parents are?! We are so blessed to be able to go to the Alabama home games and we don't thank them enough. Thanks mom and dad!!

And last, but not least... here is the packed out...full to the max stadium. You can't see the new endzone, but now Bryant Denny Stadium is a complete bowl. It is awesome. Love me some Alabama football. Bama whooped up on some San Jose State. And by the way, guess who else won yesterday... Jacksonville State.. yes, mine and Matt's Alma Mater(along with many family members) .. they beat Ole Miss... so sad for the rebels, but way to go Gamecocks!

4 comments:

Rachel Mooney said...

Awesome pics, I'll put mine up soon. We are the same way about being distracted. We like to go people watch in the stadium, and then we don't know what is going on.

The Tucks said...

I have NEVER been tailgating, can you believe it??? Y'all look like you have a great time! Love the Alabama desserts!!

Christie said...

Yay for Hoover, Alabama, and MS State!!! Love the pic of you and Keri. And wow, I'm really impressed by those cupcakes!

G K said...

Where do you guys tailgate? I'd love to stop by and say hi! Maybe I'll sample one of those cupcakes - you know, just to be sure they're as good as they look! :)